Sunday, May 3, 2009

Code Thunder

With 12 days left and counting, I thought I would let you all in on our little secret code. Because our lives have been wrapped up in baseball, (until this recent UIL break), Terry has come up with his own code so that if I go into labor while he is at a game, he can leave immediately. He assures me that the name has to do with a football play and not my size (HA!). The trainer on the team has the duty of carrying around his cellphone, so that if I call and it is time to go to the hospital, then she will hold up her arms in an X position and yell out "Code Thunder". We have had a few trial runs when I was unaware of the seriousness of this call. I am just glad that I have such a thoughtful and creative husband that would take the time to come up with our own code to signal it was time for him to drop everything that he is doing and come and take me to the hospital! Ahh, the joys of being a coach's wife. ( :

So, when it is time, we will send out a text that simply says "Code Thunder" and you will know that Cooper is on his way!

4 comments:

  1. I am going to keep my eyes on the forecast...there are thunderstorms headed your way!!! But they are very, very, very good thunderstorms!

    I Love you!!! And I am praying and wishing you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather RichardsonMay 6, 2009 at 12:02 PM

    That is so funny! I also love the nursery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Go Code THUNDER!!! funny that it's actually raining in Tyler today, too bad there couldn't be thunder rolling that way ;)

    I would love to see how your hubby reacts when it's the real (if he is playin ball when it happens)

    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wait a minute is your husband in the military or is a coach? Ray Chavira Terys favorite cousin

    ReplyDelete